|EMPLOYMENT APPLICATION FORMS:
After completing this form you may scan and send it by e-mail, or you can
mail or deliver printed application (you may include cover letter and/or resume) to:
Morehead City Police Department
300 N 12th St
Morehead City, NC 28557
NCJA Law Enforcement Recruitment Video
Thank you for considering a career opportunity with the Morehead City Police Department. The process of becoming a city police officer begins with your completion of the attached application. After you have turned in the application, you will be contacted by a member of our Department for a preliminary interview. You may then be invited to participate in an agency selection process. This may take anywhere from a few days to a few months depending on the position openings we may have. Once you have been invited to participate in a selection process, you can expect to follow the steps listed:
- Step 1 | Deliver an applicant packet to agency that includes: Authority To Release Information Form; F3 Personal History Statement; Copies of NC Drivers License, Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, High School Diploma (or equivalent) , and NC BLET Certificate (if applicable); DD214 (if applicable).
- Step 2 | A preliminary background investigation will be performed consisting of a review of your application and a criminal history check.
- Step 3 | Oral Review Board – you will be asked to appear before a panel of law enforcement officers and answer a variety of questions that relate only to the type of duties you would be expected to perform as an entry level police officer. The oral review board also gives us the opportunity to see how you respond under stress. Police Officers routinely deal with stressful situations and must be able to think and act clearly;Writing Test- this test will measure your reading, reading comprehension, and writing skills. You will be asked to read a real life scenario and on the basis of that scenario, prepare a North Carolina Incident Report;Physical Fitness Assessment- you will be asked to participate in a PT test (a list of the events is available upon your request). This will help us to assess the probability of your success in meeting the physical challenges of law enforcement;
It is the policy of this department to select the most qualified applicants to compete in the final selection process to become a Morehead City Police Officer. Depending on the number of positions available and the number of qualified candidates applying, it is possible that you may not be selected for further processing. Should you not be selected, we would ask that you continue to consider law enforcement as a career goal. Your application file will be maintained as a confidential record here at the Police Department. Unless you are otherwise informed, we would encourage to you apply again for future openings. For those individuals who are chosen to continue in the employment process, you may also be requested to complete the following:
- Step 4 | Interview with the Chief of Police, or designee.
- Step 5 | A complete and thorough background investigation. A trained investigator will verify all of the information in your application. You should be aware that sensitive or confidential aspects of your personal life may be explored;
- Step 6 | F1 & F2 Medical Reports.
- Step 7 | Upon completion of the background investigation, you may be asked to submit to a professional psychological evaluation and a urinalysis test at the Department’s expense;
- Step 8 | If offered employment, you will complete firearms qualification with the agency.
This part of the process may take from thirty (30) to forty five (45) days, or longer depending on open positions and administrative processing.
Thank You Again for your Interest in Morehead City Police Department!!